We invite you to an Outdoor Barbecue Fundraiser on Wednesday, August 26, 2020 It will be held from 4:00 to 8:00 PM at the Portuguese American Social Club 32 Fenwood Ave. Smithfield, RI Grab a burger or dog to go or stay to chat for a little while. All Covid-19 precautions will be in place. The suggested […]View
Steve - Standing up for us
A Proven Record of Accomplishment
Steve Archambault has built an impressive record of accomplishment:
- Spearheaded nationally recognized law requiring that all police officers receive training in mental health in order to better recognize and de-escalate situations that involve people struggling with mental illness.
- Sponsored and won adoption of laws to combat opioid addiction, including pill and dosage limits on highly addictive prescription painkillers and arming patients and parents with real time information.
- Advanced legislation to protect consumers from surprise medical bills from out of network providers by requiring advance notification and through expanding insurance coverage.
- Actively backed legislation to assist small businesses and local farmers.
- Won the adoption of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) supported legislation to combat drunk driving by requiring interlocks in the cars of all first time offenders.
- Led the successful fight for the adoption of a state law ensuring that Bryant University contributes its fair share for services received from the Town of Smithfield.
Our Senator Steve Archambault will:
- Fight for supplemental unemployment benefits for families in need.
- Assist our small businesses and local farmers that create about 6-out-of-10 new jobs
- Advocate for quality health care for all and to curb the opioid epidemic
- Protect the environment
- Work to provide the resources needed so that that our children can return to school safely
From the Johnston Sunrise: “ By JACOB MARROCCO :It’s a tale of two Senate races this year in Johnston. Dist. 25’s Frank Lombardo III will run unopposed as he seeks a sixth term in office, while Dist. 22’s Stephen Archambault is in one of the more crowded races in the Senate. Archambault will face a […]View
MEDIA RELEASE For Immediate Release: Aug. 14, 2020 Contact: Rob Horowitz o. 401-632-0686 c. 401-829-8595 Senator Archambault Outlines His Priorities Senator Steve Archambault(D-22) today outlined his priorities for the next legislative term. These priorities are informed by his first hand knowledge of the various challenges people in Smithfield are facing as a result of the Covid–19 pandemic […]View
From the Valley Breeze: By JACQUELYN MOOREHEAD, Valley Breeze & Observer Staff Writer SMITHFIELD – Responding to concerned residents’ complaints, Sen. Stephen Archambault said he submitted legislation to overturn a recently enacted law to grant Smithfield an additional Class A liquor store license. The new bill was submitted last Friday, Aug. 7, and removes wording from […]View
Senator Steve Archambault(D-22) today announced the kick-off of his re-election campaign. Archambault is adapting his campaign to the reality of the continuing Covid-19 pandemic, contacting Smithfield, North Providence and Johnston voters by phone, making dozens of call each day, rather than doing his usual door-to-door efforts. The campaign will also be stepping up use of social […]View